Blog entry 3
Building Community and Collaboration
This week we have worked on the Course Outline Assignment, building community and collaboration. Reading the material and watching the videos give you assistance while building the course outline with helpful do's and don't. This project is very in depth, I have never completed a course outline.
My interest this week is creating the student involvement. The most of the testing in my class will be at the beginning so that I know that they understand how to use the camera. I want my course to be more hands on, taking pictures and having the other students to assess the photos. I think the students will learn more from critiquing others work.
My problem is that I would like for the students to share their pictures on a blog. I think this will be a good thing for them to start while in the class then the blog could be carried into a business for others to see their work. I have not exactly figured out how I will grade the submitted photos and how to teach the students to grade the submitted photos.
Any suggestions:
Building Community and Collaboration
This week we have worked on the Course Outline Assignment, building community and collaboration. Reading the material and watching the videos give you assistance while building the course outline with helpful do's and don't. This project is very in depth, I have never completed a course outline.
My interest this week is creating the student involvement. The most of the testing in my class will be at the beginning so that I know that they understand how to use the camera. I want my course to be more hands on, taking pictures and having the other students to assess the photos. I think the students will learn more from critiquing others work.
My problem is that I would like for the students to share their pictures on a blog. I think this will be a good thing for them to start while in the class then the blog could be carried into a business for others to see their work. I have not exactly figured out how I will grade the submitted photos and how to teach the students to grade the submitted photos.
Any suggestions:
Could you develop guidelines for the photos they submit? That way you could design a rubric to be used to determine if the students met the objective.
ReplyDeleteAs stated above, I would suggest creating guidelines and a rubric; however, you could also grade on other factors. I am not very knowledgeable in photography but maybe you could grade each post on something specific like the amount of contrast, lighting, sharpness, etc. If the students have a specific goal for the photo, it will be easier to grade. I hope this helps!
ReplyDeleteHow about a peer grading scheme if everyone will see them anyways. You'll still need a rubric with criteria, but fellow students could get experience critiquing the photos as well as taking them.
ReplyDelete